Thursday, March 26, 2015

Week 69: "BYE TO Fan Jie Mei"

March 16, 2015

Dear Everyone,

This week we had a crazy, busy week. Just to put things in perspective, the standard of excellence for this mission is 20 lessons in a week, and we had 27. I have two awesome, motivated companions.

I think the miracles of this week were yesterday, on Sunday. David came to church again!! We also saw a few others at church that we haven't seen for a while. I was SO happy when I saw David walk through the door. I was saying prayers that he would, since we didn't see him at the beginning, and then five seconds later he walked in! 

We've been doing something so special as a mission. We've been given an "Atonement" reading booklet, with talks on the atonement. We're reading one a day until Easter, and it's been amazing to solely focus on Christ, and truly come to understand Him, and how everything is centered on Him. It is something special. I also have one more paragraph to go before I've finished memorizing, "The Living Christ." I challenge all of you to center your studies on Christ to prepare for Easter! It will make a difference.

Moments of awesome: We had a dinner with a non-member, Scott, and his little girl! And...he made us Steak! Seriously, the nicest guy. We went to the Dixons (Bro Dixon is a councillor in the bishopric), and they talked about a frog in their pond that keeps them up at night. Well, us Sisters would have none of that, so we went frog hunting! Sister Zelaya started singing for it to come out...and then Brother Dixon turned on his waterfall, AND WE SAW IT HOP! And so naturally we all yelled at it, and Brother Dixon caught it! We put it in a jar and safely it got carried away.

Sometimes the miracles are in the small things, the things that seem insignificant to anyone but ourselves. But I'll tell you now, that that is how my testimony has been built, and it's a rock.

And now to the sad news. Another new missionary, Sister Carlson, got her visa for Taiwan, so she'll be leaving. As a consequence, Sister Findlay is going to leave us to replace her and be a new companion to the Sister that is staying. I'm so sad to see her go! She's hilarious. I could write quotes from her all day. Her favorite thing to say was, "You do You!" She's definitely herself, no matter what. I admire that! She's made a big difference in this area.

I love you! Have a great week!

Love, 
Sister Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment