Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Week 26: "24 Hours"

May 19, 2014
Dear Family and Friends,

I really feel like I had some important things that I wanted to say in this weeks email. There have been a few things that I've pondered that I felt impressed to share....And now I can't remember any of it.

Which brings me to my news! I'm exhausted because the last few days have been transfers!

So the news is that I get to stay in Bel Air Ward (hallelujah) BUT, Sister Roundy is being transferred, and now I have a new and humbling opportunity to train a new missionary coming in! Right now I'm on exchanges with Sister Goldethwaite, and we'll find out who our new companions are tomorrow afternoon. Crazy eh? I'll either get to train a Sister from Tonga or another Canadian Sister! I'm excited, and a little nervous, for the opportunity. I have a lot to learn. 

We've had a wonderful week! Our investigator, Patsy, finally decided on a baptismal date! June 28 is the day! I am so excited for her.
 
We also visited a particular less active Sister in our Ward who we brought cookies to yesterday. We ended up talking about emails, and she talked about how the other week she realized that we probably talk to our families about her in our emails. She wondered aloud a few things that we might say about her in family emails. We laughed over that. And now I'm writing about her to you. She's awesome.
 
I love teaching people who truly and deeply are looking for the truth, and are willing to put in their end to keep commitments and come to know for themselves rather than taking our word for it. It's the most rewarding work I have done out here. I know that those who sincerely are seeking for truth can find it in this Gospel. We began teaching two such people this week, two friends of a member in our ward that we've gotten to know and become friends with over the past month. I'm so glad I'm blessed enough to stay in this area to continue teaching them. 

Well, my mind just went blank. I guess that's all that is meant to be about this week. Thank you all for being such an inspiration to me! I really do love you. Most of all, thank you for all the prayers.
 
Love,
Sister Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment