Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Week 55: "Now that I've caught up sending pictures..."

December 8, 2014

Sometimes pictures are worth more than 1000 words...

This was from two weeks ago.

#snow. The beginning. 

#stuck. The middle.

#hewaswaitingforthelikesofustonotmakeit. The End. 


NEFF OR NOTHING - Our current theme. Two transfers ago we had a greenie come into the district named Elder Neff...and we cover Neff street...what a coincidence! 


Walking on water. :)



Temple Day! We have the privilege of attending the temple once every three months. I look forward to it always! This trip was particularly special for me. 



She doesn't know how to play guitar folks. But she was given one! She's coo, I guess...


Elizabeth's baptism!


Saying goodbye to Elder Ferrell. We'll miss him. 


Horsie!


Sunglass day.


Neff or Nothing x 2. My compie is talented. 


Shenanigans of the Dread Pirate Capitan. She keeps things interesting!



Pretty snow!


Dear Family,

This week has been an amazing week. I can't believe this second transfer with Sister Capitan has passed so quickly. Transfer calls are in a week. I don't want to leave.

So, since time is short, here are some things I loved about this week.

-FHE with Louis and the Zendel family on Monday. It was a fantastic night. We talked about testimony-changing prayers. (Such as Enos had.)

-Serving, going out with Cassi (a recent convert) and keeping busy. We were led by the spirit that night to find a great family we can work with.

-Getting my hair cut!

-Having another amazing lesson with Yvette (from the Congo.) We brought French Speaking Bishop Sturgill from another ward, and does that man have the Spirit. Yvette is really interested in learning more.

-Our Book of Mormon class went SO well. Tiffany was the only investigator that made it, but as the Elders taught we were able to get in a really good discussion about the Book of Mormon, the history behind it, and how much sacrifice and effort went into these people preserving and recording these records so that in a future day it could help others. Tiffany texted us that night. She said she had a lot of fun with us, and that's the first time she's had fun studying scriptures in a long time. She's just an amazing person to be acquainted with, much less teach. I could go on, but I'll choose not to.

-Friday we decided to walk the streets, and try doors we never had before. We got to meet several new people, and we had the change to share He is the Gift cards with many people along the way.

-Saturday was an awesome day. We started out by helping a really cool lady move. She's a member, but temporarily she's helping out a friend and allowing him to stay. Well, at first when he saw us he started making fun of us and the Book of Mormon. He told us of times that he wasn't particularly nice to Elders, to put it nicely. Well, during our service we could just see his attitude change. He thanked us so many times, and at the end told us we really earned our badges with him that day. He's such a nice guy, I'm glad we were able to help them out. That evening we were in Hidden Springs, and struggling to know where to go or what to do, so we went tracting! And we saw ANOTHER miracle come out of service! A lady we met at her door looked at us and said, "You're the ladies that worked so hard helping us at the barn! Come in!" We had an amazing visit with them, and were able to share He is the Gift. It was probably one of the most positive tracting experiences I've ever had. Afterwards, we had dinner with the Roberts, and their son was wearing a ZELDA shirt and hoodie! I was so jealous. We got in a great nerd conversation.

Well, enough about me and my weeks. What about all of you? I want to know what's going on. :) Are you all ready for Christmas? What are your plans? I'm looking forward to it. Tomorrow we have our mission Christmas party. I'm going to sing Mary Did You Know. I'm excited.

I love you all! Thank you so much for being there. Your prayers really have meant a lot on my behalf. Things have been going so well here. I wouldn't rather be anywhere else. I don't want it to end.

Take care!

-Sister Rachel Bennett


No comments:

Post a Comment