Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Week 52: "Happy 1 Year"

November 20, 2014
Dearest Darlingest Friendsies and Famsickles.

Well, after making you gag because of all the cuteness, I...Well. I'm writing you a letter! Because I love you.
Today as Thursday! Why am I writing today? Well, our PDay was switched, because we get to go to the TEMPLE today!! :)

What an amazing year mark gift! You see, a year ago on November 20th I entered the MTC! It's kind of mind-blowing in a way. I can't believe I've been out here that long. I've learned, loved, and changed so much. I feel old. I want to live out my mission like my Zone Leader told us - he said he wanted to leave his mission tired. I want to keep on running to that finish line, and yes, I definitely want to leave tired.

So today is a PDay, and Monday is going to be another PDay! There are two other sisters that came out with me that are also hitting their year mark, so we want to do something awesome today.

It SNOWED this last week! What was crazy was that Boise hasn't seen this much snow (9 and a half inches - Canadians, don't laugh at us) in years! So...story time. We were driving in Hidden Springs during the snow storm, where we were working. Well, first we got stuck on a hill since we were parked on an incline, and our car has no traction whatsoever. Some nice people in the neighborhood helped us out. Afterwards though, we headed back to Boise, and we tried to make it up a huge hill at night....and our car couldn't make it! Luckily there was a police waiting on the hill for people like us, so he got us turned around so we could go the long way around back to Boise. We have since gotten chains for our tires. :)

Sister Capitan always keeps things fresh. I love serving with a convert, it just adds so much dimension to our work. :) And the Spirit speaks to her so much! She says it's almost like it is persistently bugging her until she cannot ignore it anymore. We've seen miracles through her promptings, that's for sure! I'm so glad there are two of us, and not just one.

Much to Sister Capitan's delight, members made lamb for us the other day! I've never tried it before, but with the mint jelly it was quite delicious.

We had the chance to teach Tiffany the Plan of Salvation. She had so many questions, which I loved! I love answering questions. I love meeting new people and finding out where they come from, and what they have been taught or believe. Tiff loved learning about the pre-existence and about Adam and Eve. She was contemplating about everything we taught her - she's going to study and pray about it. :) I love that. We're not asking others to take what we say without question. We're inviting others to study and come to know for themselves it is true.

I had an amazing epiphany the other day. Every time the Spirit prompts me to bear testimony of things such as the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, the Plan of Salvation, and especially of Jesus Christ, that is the Spirit confirming to me that it is true. I can't tell you how many times I've been prompted to testify of these things. I know that these things are true, with all of my heart. I love my Heavenly Father, and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know they live, and they are away of the details of my life.

Have a great week!

-Sister Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment