Thursday, April 10, 2014

Week 20: "Try Not! Do, or Do Not! - Yoda"

April 7, 2014
Hey Y'all! (As Sister Roundy would say..)

This weekend was an exciting one! General Conference, and transfer calls! *Drumroll* Sister Roundy and I are staying here! I was relieved when I heard that. I really would love to stay here in Bel Air for a while. There's people I've met that feel like family, and there is so much work to be done!

We had fun this weekend for General Conference. We watched all four sessions in four different family's homes. Sunday morning was particularly good, and not just because of the bacon, sausage, German pancakes, fruit, and buttermilk syrup involved. ;)  Conference was everything I expected it to be and more. I simply cannot choose a favorite talk, so many were relevant. However, if I had to recommend one it would be President Uchdorf's. You can watch it here: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2014/04?lang=eng&vid=3438304098001&cid=4. It really struck me, for around a year and a half ago hearing a similar talk helped me resolve to try and apply the principle of gratitude that President Uchdorf teaches here. It's amazing to see how far I've come from who I was a year and a half ago. It honestly has helped change me for the better. Do I still have far to go? You bet. Honestly this past week I've had a few struggles, but I think this talk helped me put things back in perspective. 

Grateful in Any Circumstances


Remember when I told you about the mislabelled Root Beer bottle prank the Elders and the Jenks pulled on us the first day of this transfer? Ha, well, us Sisters decided to get revenge of a sort. ;) Saturday, on the last day of the transfer, Sister Roundy and I called the Elders. We had a "flat tire" that we needed them to help change. This was around 8:30 at night. Little did they know that Brother Jenks and his friend were waiting a block away in their truck, with ski masks on and baseball bats, waiting for our text. As the Elder's worked on our tire (that we intentionally flattened) this truck pulled violently into the parking lot, and these men jumped out and started yelling at the elders to get down. Elder Mayer got down, and Elder Crowley just froze, and slowly put his tire down. After around ten seconds, Brother Jenks and his friend broke out into song, singing, "I hope they call me on a mission", and took off their masks. They got this all on camera. Haha! After pumping our tire back up, we had a good laugh about it afterwards over ice cream. :D

Unfortunately, on top of the excitement of Conference, transfers, and pranks, I've had a consistent migraine headache. But fear not! Hopefully after resting today I'll be feeling back up to 100 %.

Well, as always I love you to China and back! I love being a missionary! 
-Sister Rachel Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment