Friday, April 25, 2014

Week 22: "HAPPY EASTER!"

April 21, 2014
Heeeyyiiiaaaoo!

It is beautiful here in this corner of the world! I want to shout! And dance! Honestly, I spend every second that I can outside. I make up any excuse. Two days ago during planning I needed a two minute break, so I went out and laid in the grass. Today for P-DAY, we'll be hiking Table Rock, and I've been looking forward to that for a llooooonnng time. It'll be nice to be on top of a mountain again. :) Being on a mountain feels like conquering the world. Even if the Boise Mountains are more like hills when compared to the Glory and Splendor of the Canadian Rockies. ;)

I'll get off my soapbox now. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! A little about my Easter week. Of course, we've been focusing on Christ. We always do, but this time it seemed magnified. Last Monday, our Mission President emailed us, and told us to show everyone we can the new video on lds.org, "Because of Him." It is powerful, and it was such a great message to share. It is so simple, and yet so incredible what Christ has done for us. We had a great week of teaching and testifying of him. I love being a witness of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I owe everything to him. 



This past Tuesday we had an amazing leadership conference. All Senior companions, and other leaders were invited. We learned about goal setting and planning, and that was EXACTLY what I have been wanting/needing to hear. Did you know that around only 3% of the world's population are actually consistently goal setting? That was amazing to me. Studies have also shown that those who live goal-centered lives are on average happier, more financially stable, more likely to be leaders, and more productive, among other things. I want to be more goal-oriented, not only as a missionary, but as a person in general. We took what we learned and applied it to an exchange we went on. Sister Worden came with me to my area, and it was amazing what we were able to achieve! There were so many small successes, small gifts of joy throughout that day. Sister Roundy and I strove to apply that principle to the rest of our week, and we feel as though it went really well. But, we can still be better! I know we can be bolder, and more anxiously engaged in this work. I'm excited for the possibilities. 

Saturday night before Easter we were surprised by the couple we live with. They had boiled eggs and bought dye so we could color eggs! They brought out the kid in me. However, apparently NOBODY knows about the egg-rolling tradition here! My companion has told me several times it is a waste of eggs to throw them down a hill, but I think she just hasn't experienced the joy of watching eggs crack. I even had Brother Andrus (our "Dad" that we live with) google it. Apparently it's a tradition that originated in Scotland? Cool. I had to save one egg to throw down a hill (or a yard...) But today I boiled an egg so I can roll it down Table Rock mountain! Yes.

I was surprised with Easter goodies from Ali! She included chocolate eggs, so yesterday during lunch Sister Roundy hid them for me in the backyard. Oh the joys of being a kid.
I love you all! Take care, and have a good week!
- Sister B.









No comments:

Post a Comment