Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 43: "Last Week of the Transfer??!"

September 15, 2014
Hey guys, 

This upcoming week is the last week of the transfer?! What? This transfer has FLOWN by! I can't believe it. 
Sister McClellan has been in the area for six months, so she most likely will be transferred. Which is sad. I wanted to stay more than one transfer with her. Six weeks is too short of time when you're having fun!

Ok, so for the best news of the entire week. Louis is getting BAPTIZED! First he came to our Book of Mormon class on 2nd Nephi 3-5 (Chapter 4 is my all time favorite). Then, we had a lesson on the Word of Wisdom and the Sacrament. We ended up talking about his spiritual goals, and somehow I shared about the movie, "Ephraim's Rescue" and how my favorite part is when Brigham calls men to go rescue the late handcart companies who were stuck in horrible weather conditions. Some men stood up and said, "my wagon will be ready on the weekend," or "I'll be ready by tomorrow." Ephraim stands up and says, "I'm ready now."

Well, Louis then said something along the lines of he feels like his progress won't move forward until he takes that step of faith he knows he wants to, and he said, "I'm ready now." So he'll be baptized in a week and a half! That was pretty incredible, but what's more incredible is that Louis recognizes the blessings that have come into his life by learning and living the Gospel, and he wants even more of those blessings to come into his life.

AND second news that ties for the best - ANGIE from my last area is getting baptized this week! Sometimes I feel like my happiness is like a bucket, and when it overflows I don't know what to do with it. Hopefully share it with others.

I have no idea what will come with transfers, but hopefully all will be well.
 
In terms of finding, we talked to a Jewish lady who has many LDS people whom she loves. She was so excited when we knocked on her door! She exclaimed, "I know you guys!" She talked with us on the doorstep for a good while. She says she gets defensive when people say negative or derogatory things about our faith. She wants to sit down with us so she can actually come to an understanding of what we believe, and she also wants to learn about our missionary program. :) I think that is so cool! We want to learn about her faith - she's heavily involved in her branch of Judaism.

Other than that, it was a slower week. (Other than walking - we've been walking a LOT which is good - however my feet aren't too happy about it. But they can take it.)

I am excited for General Conference. I'm so grateful for living prophets and apostles of Jesus Christ that give us council and direction in the world today. They are great examples of faith. I'm grateful for the leadership in this church. Yesterday with Louis we watched President Monson's talk on courage from last April's General Conference. That was inspiring.



Remember! I love you! Thank you for all of your shining examples for me.

Love, 
Sister Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment