Thursday, July 16, 2015

Week 77: "The Nancifier, Joshuartiam, Cassassinator, and Heatherfier"

May 11, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!! It was SO good to see your beautiful faces! Especially so early in the morning. I loved skyping. My poor companion was worried all day because it was her first skype, but it ended up great. She loved it too. It feels so strange, it's like I've never left home. It feels like I've talked to my parents yesterday.

This week was a good one.

MONDAY: We played a "high tech" game of Settlers of Cataan with the district. I'm not competitive at all, but I TIED to win! Hehe. ;)

TUESDAY: We had a great lesson with Kenzie about Patriarchal Blessings! That's one of my favorite things to teach about these days. We also committed a fellow we're teaching to work on his language. :) AND HE SAID HE'S GOTTEN BETTER! That was so funny/awesome to hear!

WEDNESDAY: We took Nika Sharp out with us to visit Josh, who we set up a return appointment with when we saw him working at Garbonzos, a pizza place. He is such a nice guy, and we were able to talk more about the Book of Mormon with him.

THURSDAY: We had a really cool lesson with a family, the Pistons. One of their sons is autistic, and although we didn't think about that when we showed the mormon message "Our True Identity", it really touched Sister Piston. (It's about the ugly duckling, and how it really was a swan - translate that to how we're all sons and daughters of God, even though the world would like to tell us we're not worth it etc.) We also played lego pirates with them. Great lesson.

FRIDAY: MY LAST ZONE MEETING. They had me do a training, and it was really cool to allow the Spirit to lead it. I wasn't worried at all, even though I didn't have much time to prepare for it. That was comforting. We also had an INCREDIBLE and inspiring training on the Book of Mormon, and how it's main purpose is to bring others to Christ. I have seen that time and time again in my life. Our commitment is to ALWAYS have a Book of Mormon in our hand, so we have easy access to it. Even in Restaurants! I love it.

SATURDAY: NANCY CAME TO VISIT! And she even stayed true to her promise of being a member present for us!! It was crazy good to see her, but it was SO WEIRD to see her with her boyfriend, Josh! Aaaaaah! I screamed when I saw my "companion" with her arm around a boy. Sick. :P I hope I last longer than she did....We also went together to a picnic lunch with a recent convert and reactivating lady we both worked with. Cassie and Heather. I love both of them! We had a great time.

That day we also had a really cool lesson with the Elkins. Since mother's day was so close, I felt like I should share, "Mothers and Daughters" a Mormon Message that both my mother and I had the unique opportunity to be a part of! It wasn't an original part of the plan, we had felt like we should teach revelation through prayer, but the first thing Wes said after watching essentially was, "Why is it that the Spirit always makes me want to cry?" That led perfectly into teaching how the Spirit works! It was a Spirit-filled lesson.



It was cool to find people in this area, and men in particular, really loving what Elder Ballard speaks about in that message. I didn't think it would touch the men, only the women, and yet it totally did! It's cool that I had the opportunity here on my mission to use that video as a missionary tool. I'm so grateful!

That night we saw SAM with Nancy, Josh, Nika, Erick Hull, and us missionaries. It was really cool because it was more of a Q&A than anything, and we really allowed the Spirit to guide the discussion. Those times are the best. It just goes to show that it isn't us as missionaries that do the teaching. It really is the Spirit.

SUNDAY: Mothers Day! We had the chance to skype our mothers, and Sing "Mother Tell Me A Story" as a companionship in Relief Society. We were told we made a lot of those women cry. That evening we delivered some chocolates to some mothers that couldn't make it to church. Overall, it was a really fulfilling day. Oh, and the Sharps made us delicious pot stickers. I called them "pocket stickers".

MONDAY: This morning we had the change to say goodbye to LOUIS and Marcie, his new wife! They took us out to breakfast, and both of them are GLOWING! They are perfect for each other. They are going to Hawaii this afternoon! Lucky! 

I love you all so very much! I know this gospel is true. It changes lives and brings so much happiness into them. I wouldn't trade my mission for the world. It's meant so much to me.

Love, 
Sister Bennett

Deliciousness on PDAYS! 

Displaying P5043902.JPG

Displaying P5103921.JPG

Displaying IMG_0782.JPG
SISTER ZELAYA CAN HUG NOW. And that's weird. 

Displaying IMG_0785.JPG
 Louis and Marcie!! They are perfect for each other! I couldn't be happier for them. :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment