Monday, February 10, 2014

Week 10: "You're a Wizard, Harry."

1/27/14
Dear family,

Sometimes I wish I was a Wizard. Then I could have an owl that could carry letters to everyone, and I wouldn't have to know where they were. But, alas, I cannot. I am a mere Sister Missionary.

That being said, let me tell you a little about this week!

Kathryn's baptism was this Saturday! The service was beautiful. Kathryn is sick often, and has struggles even leaving her home many days, but the day of her baptism she was just glowing and healthy. She was calm, and happy. Two strong Elders were in the font to make sure she'd be ok. It was a cool experience. I sang Amazing Grace after the baptism, which was a really cool opportunity to share my testimony through song. Kathryn and her son Samuel (who doesn't want anything to do with the church, but still came to support his Mom) were both really appreciative, especially since they both have rarely heard the full version of the song. The next day, Kathryn was up bright and early for her confirmation at the 9:00 am ward. This in itself was a miracle since she in the past has had struggles going to the 1:00 ward because of her health. She has so much faith. I really admire her for that.


Sister Bennett, Kathryn, and Sister Allen at Kathryn's baptism.
 Three families that we go and visit that are less active came to our Sacrament meeting yesterday! That was pretty amazing to see all of them.

Ha, I always thought I could talk a lot...but I've learned that listening is an important skill to have too, to balance that out. Some people we see - if we let them - can talk for half an hour straight without letting us get a word in edgewise. That takes skill.....A skill that I never want to have. :P Unless I end up being a motivational speaker or something, but hey, let's not get too far ahead of myself.

Sister Allen continues to be the nicest, sweetest person I know.

Have I ever mentioned that I am proud to be a Canadian? I love being from such a wonderful country, that many people here know too little about. Speaking of which, one of our investigators, Ann, has driven through Taber! She's about 80 - and she has so much spunk. Before her husband passed away, they used to go up to Medicine Hat from Idaho for Shepard's Pie. They would drive up to Lethbridge too. That was so cool to hear. I love her.

Well, take care! This next week's going to be a good one!

Love ya!

Sister Bennett

Pictures from a service project they did.


Reindeer swing!
Now you see me....


Now you don't...

No comments:

Post a Comment