Monday, February 10, 2014

Week 7: "Guacamole"

1/7/14
Dear Family,

This week has been an interesting week!

Couple experiences.

1. We went on exchanges, so I got to lead the area for the first time ever. Aah! So I decided that we should visit a widow who can't come to church that Bishop asked us to visit once a week. We did, and her caretaker came in who isn't a member. She asked us about how long we serve etc, and then I asked her if she knew why we were called Mormons. She didn't, and that led to us teaching her a 10 minute version of the Restoration, I bore my testimony, and we gave her a Book of Mormon, a Restoration Pamphlet, and our number! She shared some experiences she has had with us. It was really, really cool. I hope she wants to learn more!

2. We went on exchange #2 (My comp is a Sister Training Leader) and she left me here in this area so that I could have a lesson with one of our investigators, Kent, who we haven't been able to meet with since I've been here. I think the discussion went really really well. He wants to repent and be baptized! He's so cool. He's been to prison for two years and is on parole, but has completely changed his life for his family. He told us a whole bunch of cool experiences, like the one time he lived like a hermit for two years in the mountains, without electricity, sewage etc. He learned his ways from a famous old hermit who had lived that way most of his life, and was an Idahoian legend. He said that life was so peaceful for him. But he knows now that he can't go back to his old ways because of his family. I could go on and on with his stories. He's so cool.

Sounds like you had lovely holidays! Good luck with your New Years resolutions! The work feels like it's moving along here. I sure hope it is. And say Hi to the Sister's for me! Hopefully they're nice.

Love you all, 
Sister Rachie

No comments:

Post a Comment