Monday, February 10, 2014

Week 2: "Where's a Map?"

12/4/13
Dearest Bennetts,

I'M IN BOISE IDAHO! This is crazy. I have so much to learn!

Yesterday we got up at 3:00 am in order to get on our bus, then train, then tram, to get to the airport. It was blizzarding the entire time! That's the first time we've encountered snow in Utah. We finally got on our flight - a tiny jet. I loved it! It was super pretty flying (this was my first time ever.) However, as much as I wanted to stay awake and gaze out the window, my body was having none of that. I fell asleep with my mouth wide open. Missionary friends made fun of me, and took pictures. That was just fantastic.

The MTC really is unlike anything else you'll experience. It was like I was in a little bubble. And now, I'm in the real world. It's strange to be back.

Yesterday I met my mission President, President Winder, and he's awesome!

Did I mention that my MTC Branch President was 4'11? He was so short! BUT, a convert to the church, and a spiritual giant. I felt lucky to have him as our leader.

President Winder is awesome too! He told me that he saw our "Mother's and Daughter's" Mormon message, and talked about how awesome my mom must be. I agreed. It was surprising to me though, because no-one ever recognizes me from that. I wonder how he found out about that. Cool though.

My companion (Sister Allen) seems really cool. She really wants to work hard. I do too, so I'm excited about that. She's also into music. She's a jazz singer, and a music therapy major. I'm tired from missing so much sleep yesterday, but hopefully I get my second wind.

I'm safe! It's cold here, but not as cold as Canadian blizzards, as I see from those crazy pictures. Can I say I'm glad to be here right now?

Well, there is so much to be learned. I'm definitely going to be getting out of my comfort zone, and that's good. My motto back when I was home was "life begins at the edge of your comfort zone." It's the truth! There's a more spiritual quote about getting out of your comfort zone, but I don't remember it at the moment.

Hermana Bennett! I live in an apartment with my companion and two Hermanas! I want to pick up more Spanish. 
I get made fun of daily for being Canadian, but I just embrace it.

Come what may and love it! I'm safe, and I'll write y'all on my next PDay! (Monday)

Peace and love, 
Sister Bennett

Note from Ali: Here's the Mothers and Daughters Mormon Message she was referring to! Enjoy :)







No comments:

Post a Comment